Apr 15, 2008

the concert...part 1

i seriously don't know where to start. probably by know, most of you would have heard from me that i am very very excited, very very happy, and will probably stay this way for the next few days. all the memories, and the moments of magic that she casted in that 2 hours.. it was priceless.

i have some photos, and a couple of videos, but i haven't got the chance to post it up here yet. i will try to get it done as soon as possible.

so, let's see. well, i reached there kinda late. bout 5.30. gates only opened at 6.30. apparently, some have been queueing since 1 (that's the second person in line). but i was lucky as the line grew longer and longer and longer. going in wasn't much hassle.. anyway, i guess the euphoria seeped into me earlier than thought as i already went on a shopping spree before going to the concert. the guards were kinda surprised that i had so many bags..but then again, it was all clothes (and my camera, in a ploy to sneak it in..just in case). but they didn't bother checking my bags. so, got through.

the moment we were in, we decided to look for seats. it was the upper deck that we initially settled upon. but i wasn't pleased, and i saw that the lower deck was rather empty. so, i kinda grumbled and fussed and finally found out that the lower deck was also available for me.. so, i hastened to get a good seat, with a good vantage point. i have to say, i was seated as close as those paying rm488, and my seat was elevated too..haha.

waited for time to pass.. some were seen eating, some were seen taking pictures, and some, like me, decided to catch up on the news. as time passed, fans were pouring in.. ppl are getting restless.. and i was wondering what she's doing backstage.. probably putting on her make up?? or eating her pasta?? or probably playing with her kid..haha. silly thoughts. then, at about 7.30, the fans were so bored that they decided to form the mexican wave thing....soon, everyone was enjoying the mexican wave thing (me included..although i have sat out like 4 out of 10).

finally, after all the waves, the chants, the cheers...royalty arrived. before that, i was also busy celeb watching. saw harith iskandar..and someone which resembles elaine daly. back to the story.. royalty arrived. i spotted tun mahatir the moment he stepped in. then the YDPA and his wive.. then, lights out, and the show started, at 8.50.

clips of her was shown on the screen.. featuring her in various camera shootings, some poses and the such.. then, the diva came on stage. her presence sent the crowd crazy. screams (shrieks, for my part)and cheers echoed the stadium as her voice filled the air. she started the show with i drove all night (not a new day)..and the show went on. after two songs, she addressed the crowd, starting with a terima kasih, and apa khabar...then she thanked the royals for gracing the event.. and also thanked the weather (and the moon)..haha. then, she launched into 'taking chances'..

the show went on for a couple of songs more when she took a break. we were then entertained by her dancers, performing the tango. the tango was perfect, breath-taking and alluring and apt for the next song..eyes on me. gosh...i loved that song to bits.. and the arrangement was changed to suit the theme..

a couple more songs, including the likes of to love you more, it's all coming back to me now/because you love me (medley), alone, pour que tu m'aimes encore, my love,i'm your angle, shadow of love etc. a couple of intervals...she finally went into the climax, with the tribute to queen. the fans (me included) were singing, dancing and tapping to all the songs..performed with full energy, even though you can see her suffering from the recent illness. the crowd went high with 'we will rock you', and stayed on the enjoy the ever-apt 'the show must go on'. we were then treated with a james brown song (i feel good), and an x'tina (it's a man's world), before resuming to her power hits.

the show ended with 'river deep, mountain high'. by that time, everyone in the crowd was so high. you can actually see her vocal cords moving, and clearly, she's putting her best to the performance. leaving after the song, the crowd chanted for an encore, and the lovely diva graced us with a costume change, and performing the song that she'll forever be remembered for..'my heart will go on'. it was rendered so beautifully live that i just couldn't contain the excitement and euphoria in me. same goes to her fans.. everyone was singing to that song..and finally the curtain call.

all in all, it was the best performance that i have seen from a true diva. although 2hours may seem a little short, it was memorable. we could clearly see that she placed a lot of effort to make the show a success. people were seem leaving overwhelmed. awed. i left feeling inspired, and i also kinda had an enlightening moment. i could feel her songs, talking to my soul. her voice just connects to my heart and my soul, and finally showing me the right direction.

i know that it may sound a little OTT, but there is nothing better than having a diva connect to your soul. as readers may have noticed, i was feeling a little slumped over the past couple of weeks. but her show have lifted my spirits again, making me believe in the person in me again

i couldn't thank her enough for being the inspiration to my life.. crazy as it may sound, i think she's my role model. i may not be in her footsteps, but seeing her performing life, with all the wonderful songs, i think i may end up being a better person. and clearly, if i were to leave the world today, i will have no regrets in my life...

celine dion, you are the best!!

je t'aime
ben

p.s. stay tuned for more updates, videos and pix from the concert.
as for now, i'll just embed this video, taken from derick716.

1 comment:

Alan said...

I can imagine how they concert went from your post. I believe that you've enjoyed yourself so much and that the experience was priceless; I've been through that. I really do think that one of the best things that happened in my life was being able to catch Sammi's concert; 3 shows thus far. Nothing beats the feeling of being able to watch your favourite diva performing, singing and dancing. Anyway, I have aknowledge that Dion's the best diva in the world and I believe that she's the best female vocal in the world too but then I still love my diva Sammi more! Can't wait for second part!

Newer Post Older Post Home