Aug 21, 2009

back to reality

after spending 3 weeks in a dream, leading a beautiful life, it's back to reality for me. in fact, it's more than that. the moment i got back, i launched myself into a work and workout overdrive. forget jet-lag and insomnia. i had to face them all, and yet clock in to work at 8 on monday (with about 4 hours of sleep the night before).

and work hasn't been kind to me. being the project manager with an event due next week, there's just so many things to arrange and manage. visas, invitations, presentations etc.. couple that with other meetings, other responsibilities, and heavy office politics which i really don't enjoy being caught in. but somehow, i can feel my neck on the chopping block, and it is not gonna be easy for me to thread on these still waters with hungry crocodiles in it.

being a glutton during my holiday had its consequences. hence i wasted no time and hit the gym on monday evening, right after work. roughed out 3 classes (not bad after 3 weeks of slothing around). then, on tuesday, decided to reduce my food intake, roughed out another 2 classes, but really suffered for this. my thighs kinda stiffened towards the end of bodystep, and the cramp was so bad that i couldn't even lift my leg to go over the board. however, i didn't really bother, and tried to complete everything (even with sore legs).. torture, but i guess i deserve it..

anyway, diet restrictions are also necessary to attain my ideal, and hence, have been going on a semi liquid diet for the past few days. i guess there's great achievement when dinner comprises of a glass of fruit juice, and probably two pieces of dodol.. haha. will continue with this, unless i collapse from sugar deficit..

just a thought, will a deficit diet induce drowsiness and weariness?? i kinda slept while i was driving home last night (and was so sleepy while driving home for a few nights ago), and didn't even realise that there was a motorcycle in front of me, until like 5 seconds later. it was lucky that i didn't crash onto the motorcycle.. come to think of it, i kinda slept for about 100 metres..

managed to catch up some of the latest news, and i think i can sense a storm brewing in paradise. however, it's best for me not to say anything, least being labelled as annoying and inconsiderate again. in fact, i think i've said too much during the two catch up sessions that i sat for, and i kinda regret it. i need the strength to presevere and to remind myself constantly that i shouldn't and mustn't say anything, no matter what the past, present or future may be. in fact, i should master the art of being a mute, and just nod or shake my head.. probably will try this soon. haha.

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home