Mar 7, 2008

lazy thursday

it's 1.45 in the morning, and i am still in the lab. i know, i have been in the lab for the past few nights until really really late, but today is different. in fact, i am going to spend the night here in the lab. this is my first time spending a night in the lab. in fact, this is the first time i am overnighting in the campus. previously,i had to spend a week here for orientation (but that was before the semester started). but this is worst than orientation week. at least during orientation, i had a room (albeit shared), and proper sleeping hours. now, i can't even sleep properly as i have to attend to the machine every 1 and 1/2 hours. seriously, i really hope this sacrifice pays off.

my body is starting to send me signals telling me not to worry so much. for the past few weeks, my skin is getting bad. acne can be found all over my face and body. people have been coming up to me and tell me i looked stressed up. i just dismissed them, saying that it's the food that i've been taking. however, after these few nights, i can really see the changes. my face is getting worse. larger zits are popping up. and my sebum is acting up again. this morning, i could feel the dryness and tightness on my face. it's so bad, especially when i have to ride the motorcycle at 6.30 in the morning to head up to the campus.the crisp air nearly destroyed my face. then, there are other signs my body is telling me to rest... my nose is slowly being blocked. my throat is getting sore.my chest feels congested. shoulders are really tensed up. and my abdomen hurts intermittenly. u may think i'm a little wimpy and can't survive a few nights of extra work... but i really dread to fall ill. it's because i feel the impact of the illness almost twice as bad as a common person does. coupled with a emotional and psychological turmoil, it'll take days, and probably weeks before i could fully recover.

to top everything, my thesis is not picking up momentum. maybe it's because of me writing at this ungodly hour, but i just can't get it going. writing juices are not flowing out, and i've been staring at the same page for hours. gosh. what am i to do...

well, guess that's all for tonight. i could feel the beckoning from the comforts of my bed, but i guess i'll just have to bear with this for a few more nights. maybe i'll catch 40 winks later.

ciao
je t'aime
ben

2 comments:

Michelle Quah said...

i feel so much agony just reading ur blog. i do hope everything pays off well for you. luckily u took time out to meditate with me.

Alan said...

Have faith and pull it through. Support, support!

Newer Post Older Post Home