Apr 24, 2009

Post 199 : Razzle Dazzle

So, after spending 4 weeks in KL, the time has come for me to pack my bags, and leave back to reality. although i still have another 17 hours more in this facility (and aboue 21 hours before i fly back),i am starting to miss the course, and the participants already. it's not easy to be in such a diverse group, meeting so many different people from different countries.
quoting from a fellow participant, i finally have a true iranian (persian) friend. another fellow participant is also very intrigued with my dressing, and is always complimenting me on my style. i guess, being the youngest, i can't help but to stay stylish.
i've also made quite a few close friends, and getting to know a true sinhalese. gosh.. it's such a disgrace for me to share the same race, yet know so little of the culture (actually, i still don't know anything about them). and yes, the sinhalese is a different race from the indians.
looking back at the course, it all seemed like a dream that just fluttered by so quickly. in the line of broadway, all the flash lights and razzle dazzle leaves me in daze. it still seemed like yesterday, when i first checked in into the hostel.
when the slideshow was presented over the farewell dinner, i just couldn't help but to think: i'm indeed very lucky in life. i've managed to get a job, with opportunities to send me to courses as such. i've spent 4 weeks here, learning new skills, and making new friends.
speaking of my practice, i'm really happy to be finally confirmed as a consultant. what was even better, there was immediate commitment and assistance was rendered to my client as soon as i finished my presentation this afternoon. although it was a group effort, i just feel so happy that i am actually making changes to people's life, their job, and their perception.
going back to the farewell dinner just now, there was a nice presentation by our leader on the participants. according to him (in the presentation), i'm a nice person, who likes to share my jokes and laughter, am always energetic, am kind, and am being priviledged to share the 'hotroom' with the girls. well, i guess being the 'baby', there area always some perks.
but then, am i always kind, warm and smiling?? probably i'm just too good in putting on a show.. haha. it's just broadway, afterall.

that's all for tonight,
the sandman is slowly working his magic on me
until the next post..

au revoir

p.s. i just have to put the post number for the sake of it.

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home