Feb 10, 2009

birthdays?

15 days had passed, and it's the end of the chinese new year celebration. For me, it's not exactly a grand do, but it's also not exactly a new year that i can forget. Compared to the person that i was many years ago, i've toned down by leaps and bounds. in fact, i do not look forward for chinese new year as much now.. [heck, i look forwards to nothing now].

apart from celebrating the end of the new year (which was nothing), we also celebrated alan's birthday last night. it was such wonder to see the surprise on his face, and seeing him so happy on the night itself. the dinner, the presents and presence (quote unquote from the b'day boy) and the two lovely cakes. being able to celebrate with him also generated another thought of mine... that i should avoid doing anything this year. in fact, i should just run away, take a vacation, go somewhere and avoid all these.. i should have severed all connections, turn off my phone and the internet and all, and go MIA for the day (or two).

today seemed a little weird for me, as i'm bowled over by a flurry of emotions. probably it's just me being me, but i somehow can't explain what i am feeling now. earlier, about noon, i was so happy, jumping on my chair, rejoicing on the fact that my ticket to hong kong has been booked. the euphoria was so much that i even agreed for a bangkok trip soon..

however, i think it died down a moment ago, and got me thinking and relooking my thoughts. why am i so happy?? should i be so happy?? and what is wrong with me??
even the very fact that my boss just informed me that he'll revise my pay (doubling the increment), i still couldn't share the happiness. heck, something must be really wrong with me...

anyway, i guess that's all for now. btw, go watch red cliff 2, if u love ancient china history. it's really really nice, and takeshi kaneshiro is simply awesome in it.. superb effects too, and great closure to the first part.

adieu
ben

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home